Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Magnificent Meatloaf!

No really... it is!

I used to hate meatloaf, but I like to think that I have grown up a bit, and now love it. I asked my mom for the recipe, and was told there really weren't measurements; just play it by ear (hand). This is her best "recipe".

Mix together hamburger, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, egg, onion (optional).
I made and froze mini-meatloafs. On the day I want to eat it, I take it out in the morning to thaw, then bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Part way through (20 minutes or so) drain and pour sauce on; continue baking.

Sauce 1 (this one is more for a family serving, not mini ones)
2 cans tomato sauce
3 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons mustard
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce

Sauce 2 (I use this one for my mini-meatloafs)
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment